Your house is on the market and you’re getting viewings but no offers. You have to ask yourself – What’s wrong?
1. Price: Probably one of the main reasons why your property is not selling is the price. Have your expectations been too high? A common problem estate agents have is that people believe their property is actually worth more than it really is. If you are getting viewings but no offers you may want to reassess your price.
2. Photographs: The right photographs can sell a property on their own. Make sure your property advert is showcasing your property at its best with the use of professional photographs or even a video. To hire a professional photographer or videographer will cost less than you think. Ask your estate agent for recommendations or even better, search Google.
3. Marketing: Make sure your agent has listed your property on all the major portals ie. rightmove, zoopla, primelocation etc. Has the agent advertised it on their social media accounts? If they have, have you added shared it on your own social media accounts and even ask friends and family to share it on theirs.
4. Timing: The time of year you put your property on the market can play an important role in how fast it sales. Generally speaking spring and autumn are stronger than summer and winter. Click here for What time of the year is best to sell my home?
5. The Agent: Talk to your agent and ask the question: Why is my house not selling? He should be able to provide you with the reasons why and present you with an action plan to increase your chances of getting it sold. If he does not have any answers, then maybe you have picked the wrong agent!