If you are fortunate enough to have a number of offers on your property, you may want to take other factors into consideration, other than simply the highest bidder:
1. If it is a first-time buyer, then they will not be in a chain and therefore there should be less possible complications.
2. Does the buyer already have a mortgage approved in principle?
3. If the buyer is selling their own home will the purchase of your property be “subject to sale” of their own?
4. Is the buyer in a chain and if so how big is the chain?
5. Is the buyer flexible on a move date?
If you are using an estate agent have them find out the answers to these questions.