1. Don’t assume your solicitor needs to be nearby. By utilising the internet and today’s technology it is perfectly possible to use a solicitor in Manchester even if you live in London.
2. Make sure the quotes you get are fixed fee quotes showing the fee, all outlay and vat.
3. Make sure your conveyancer / solicitor is regulated by a professional body. All solicitors and conveyancers on easyConveyance are quality assured and regulated.
4. How easy is it to communicate with your solicitor / conveyancer? Do they have a system that allows you to track how the purchase is going? Can you talk to somebody on the phone at evenings and weekends?
5. Look for a no completion, no legal fee guarantee. This means that if your property sale collapses you will not have to pay any legal fees.
6. Get as many quotes as possible. We have made this part easy. Simply click here for quotes.